Dump Truck Safety
Safety is the most important step for every dump truck driver while driving a dump truck or loading the material into the dump truck. As most of the accidents occur, if they do not maintain the safety.
Long semi-trailer dumping rigs and dump truck bodies have increased the accidents. Few years back, one serious injury and one fatality were reported due to the dumping of the dump truck. The major risk is linked to the constancy of the dump truck unit when the box is in the lifted pose.
So, safety is essential for the dump truck driver whether it is a matter of loading or dumping of materials or driving on the road. Loading or dumping of materials in the dump truck can cause serious injuries to the dump truck driver and driving on the road leads to death.
The dump truck drivers should not load the materials from the loosely and uneven surfaces. Pulp trailers and straight trucks are the best option for the highway carrying of loads as compared to the dump trucks.
When the dump trucks are carrying sand and gravel for road construction, belly dump semi trailers are the better option as compared to the end-dump semi-trailers. Sometimes, transporters or material suppliers do not make use of suitable instrument on a specific construction site. Weather also plays an important role in creating various accidents while dumping.
Dump Truck Safety Tips
Safety tips play a vital role in averting overturns such as:-
- Check and oil bushings and pins regularly.
- Check erect cylinders daily. Damaged cylinders should not be exchanged with cylinders charged at inferior operating pressure or smaller cylinders.
- Examine the pressure of the tires regularly. The pressure of the tires should be same on each dump truck’s side.
- Necessary tools should always be kept in the dump truck for safety.
- Check deferral systems under load to make sure that they are working properly or not and offer suspension. Fragile suspension should be exchanged instantly.
- Safety should also be provided on the construction sites while loading and dumping of materials.